Terra-Plex is an independent organization dedicated to spreading knowledge about creating a sustainable way of life and applied sustainability initiatives through innovative uses of information technology.
We highlight and promote companies, NGOs and other organizations that aim to merge technology with sustainability to provide better lives for Canadians and all citizens of the world.
We aim to promote the application of science and innovation to ensure improved living standards for everyone, now and into the future, in a just and equitable manner, while at the same time living within the limits of the earth's supporting ecosystems.
The Earth is a unique and beautiful island. But like all islands, resources are limited. Humans must learn to use what the planet gives us in ways that do not inhibit future generations.
Principles of Sustainability:
- Anticipating and preventing problems before they arise is better than trying to react and fix them after they occur;
- Accounting in businesses and governments must reflect all long-term environmental and economic costs, not just those of the current market;
- The best decisions are based on accurate information, All aspects of a dessicion must be considered before taking action;
- We must live off the interest our environment provides and not destroy its capital base; and
- We must respect nature and the rights of future generations.
These objectives can and must be achieved. We live in a unique time in history; we have the technologies to make the world better for ourselves and future generations while maintaining the ecosystems that sustain us.